At Knowledge for Men we value our members and wants to assist in the best way possible. As such, we made a decision to not offer a dedicated phone line for support.
The reason for this is because we strongly feel that we can provide a better support experience by providing information on this KFM Help Center as well as through our support system via email. This reduces the many shortcomings that providing support over the phone has.
There's a number of disadvantages when it comes to providing support over the phone, including but not limited to...
- Long hold times in getting a Support Representative to you
- Limited resources that may be available to the Support Representative for your specific request, which would likely lead to being escalated to a higher representative via email anyways
- Varying resource availability depending on time zones
- Extended times to resolve issues due to needing to processing information like names, email address, local address, payment information, etc.
- Security concerns when it comes to processing sensitive information such as payment information or addresses
And many more.
By having you submit your Support requests via email it has a lot of natural benefits.
- All support requests get associated with a Ticket Number automatically that you can use for reference
- Communications on the support emails are all logged and can be used for reference in the future
- Requests have a higher rate of response and resolve than requests performed over the phone
- Information can be more clearly detailed when written rather than mistaken when spoken over the phone. For example, complaints about unintentional misspellings on their account due to misunderstandings over the phone.
And again, many more :)
We aim to have all Support Request answered within 48 business hours and typically a request gets resolved less than 24 hours of being received.
However, we do understand that people still want to talk on the phone. And by no means are we going to not stop you from wanting to do that either!
Depending on the complexity of the request, you may ask in your support request to have someone call YOU on the phone when it is convenient for you. Just give us a number and time frame for when it would be best to reach you (and don't forget to let us know your timezone to). This saves everyone a lot of time and frustration, rather than having you wait on hold for a Support Representative while listening to the lastest sick beats of some elevator music.
So long story short, we are firm believers in providing support through our Help Center and through email, as have many other big companies as well.